- (countable) an appointment, especially to speak or perform
- The lecturer has three speaking engagements this week.
- (uncountable) connection or attachment
- Check the gears for full engagement before turning the handle.
- (countable or uncountable) the period of time when marriage is planned or promised
- We are enjoying a long engagement, but haven"t yet set a date.
- (fencing) the point at which the fencers are close enough to join blades, or to make an effective attack during an encounter
- (military) In air defense, an attack with guns or air-to-air missiles by an interceptor aircraft, or the launch of an air defense missile by air defense artillery and the missileâ€™s subsequent travel to intercept. (JP 1-02 Department of Defense Dictionary of Military and Associated Terms).
- (military) A tactical conflict, usually between opposing lower echelons maneuver forces. (JP 1-02 Department of Defense Dictionary of Military and Associated Terms).
10 letters in word "engagement": A E E E G G M N N T.
No anagrams for engagement found in this word list.